1. There is a high wind warning in effect, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 62. Tonight, expect clear skies with a low nearing 38. Winds could gust up to 20 mph; be careful if driving at high speeds or participating in any outdoor activities
2. High school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District get to sleep in today! It is a late-start day. Classes begin at 9:50 a.m. at , 10 a.m. at , and 10:05 a.m. at . Classes get out at the regularly scheduled time.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a tostada bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Water shutdowns are scheduled again today for some customers of the Rancho California Water District. Between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. areas affected include Calle Bandido, Blackmore Street and Hombre Lane in La Cresta. For a full list of areas affected, click here.
5. It's story time at the . Wee Wigglers Storytime is an independent group activity designed to introduce preschool-aged children to storytelling. Children 3 to 5 years old get exposure to the art of listening and being a member of a group, and the chance to build a foundation for reading readiness. Wee Wigglers starts at 10:10 a.m. Today is also the library's weekly, on-the-lap storytime designed to introduce small children and their parents to stories, rhymes and activities that stimulate developing vocabulary. Mothergoose Storytime is for infants from birth to 3 years old, with an adult and begins at 10:15 a.m. Don’t forget to ask about their IN-N-OUT Reading Program.
REMINDER: California Oaks Road under the Interstate 15 overpass The closure is scheduled to take place again Thursday night.