1. There is a 30 percent chance of showers mainly after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 59. Tonight, expect a 50 percent chance of showers, cloudy with a gradual clearing and a low around 37.
2. The Murrieta City Council will hold its The agenda includes an amendment to the Murrieta Marketplace Development Agreement and appointment of officers to serve on the oversight board monitoring the The meeting begins at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 24601 Jefferson Ave. Prior to the meeting, a 4:30 p.m. workshop will be held to discuss a
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Southwest Riverside County Job Fair and Health Care Career Showcase takes place today for residents hoping to secure a position in fields that are considered "recession-proof:" health care, green technology and professional services. The event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Temecula Civic Center, 41000 Main Street, Temecula. Employers scheduled to intend include Southwest Healthcare System, New York Life, Harvest Wellness, Advantage Staffing, Lowe's, Cryoquip and more. Panelists will include local human resources professionals and representatives from Mt. San Jacinto College, Cal State San Marcos and San Joaquin Valley College. The scheduled guest speakers are G. Richard Olds, the dean of UC Riverside's School of Medicine; Jamil Dada, chairman of the investment board; and County Supervisor Jeff Stone.
5. Get your showers early! There will be a scheduled water shutdown today between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Blackmore Street, Calle Reyes and Avenida De Los Posas in La Cresta, according to Anna Dye of the Rancho California Water District. The shutdown is due to maintenance on a mainline. For a full list of areas affected, click here.