1. There is a high wind advisory in effect until later this evening, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 76. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low nearing 40.
2. Head to for its “Friday the 13th Comedy Show” beginning at 7 p.m. Presenters include Karen Robertson, John Hill and Cary Pickford. Watch local comedians who are dedicated to helping the community; proceed goes to Birth Choice of Temecula, the chosen Community Organization of the Year 2011. The jokes will be clean and family friendly. Admission is $10 per person.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The just announced the details of its upcoming annual daddy/daughter dance to be held Feb. 4. Dads can bring their little girl or their young lady to the "My Little Girl" Dance. There will be games, dancing and crafts. Space is limited. There is no age maximum, so older daughters should feel free to bring their dads. The dance begins at 6 p.m. Admission is $20 per couple for Murrieta residents and $25 for non-residents. Each additional daughter is $5. For more information, click here.
5. Eastern Municipal Water District welcomes customers to check out its new and improved website at www.emwd.org. The main features of the new site are: cross-referenced navigation menus with the latest information on EMWD services, news, water use efficiency programs, and more; integration with Microsoft Office, Google and Yahoo calendars; ability for customers to report water waste and track the status of their report; mobile-friendly version of the site that is automatically detected by most mobile phone browsers; customizable E-notification subscriptions for announcements regarding meetings and events or water service interruptions as well as notifications about agenda postings, media announcements, construction alerts and news and information such as new rebates or programs to help customers save water and money. EMWD currently has approximately 25,000 email subscribers and hopes to build up those subscribers to match its more than 135,000 customers. EMWD will be adding new information, more online forms, and other features throughout the year. In addition, a brand new online bill payment system will be launched in 2012 with options for paperless bills, e-billing notifications, water budget information and more.