1. There is a special weather statement forewarning of wet and windy weather until this evening, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be mostly sunny with a high near 72. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 44.
2. Help out the Murrieta Valley High School Crimson Cadets by dining out. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., head out to Richie’s Diner, 40651 Murrieta Hot Springs Road. A portion of your order will be donated to the Crimson Cadets. Diners must present a downloadable flyer to your server in order for the donation to be made. To download and print the flier, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: tostada bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click
4. February is “Love your Library Month” at the The Library invites the community to celebrate this occasion by bringing canned food to the Library during the whole month of February in exchange for fines. For each canned good brought in, $1 of fines will be waived up to a maximum of $10 waived. Love your Library Month is celebrated during the month in public, school and private libraries nationwide.
5. The Planning Commission is holding a public hearing beginning at 6 p.m. at City Hall, One Town Square, 24601 Jefferson Ave. On the agenda tonight: A request by Regency Centers for a first amendment to , a project at Winchester and Max Gilliss roads that will house a Target and other retail. Any person may either submit written comments to the Planning Commission before the hearing or may appear and be heard before the Planning Commission at the time of the hearing. For more information, click here.