1. There is a slight chance of showers before 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service.
Otherwise, today will be partly sunny with a high near 59. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low nearing 39.
2. February is “Love your Library Month” at the Murrieta Public Library. The Library invites the community to celebrate this occasion by bringing canned food to the Library during the month of February in exchange for forgiveness of fines. For each canned good brought in, $1 in fines will be waived up to a maximum of $10 waived.
3. Catch a matinee performance of “Of Mice and Men” at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater, 42051 Main St., Temecula.
Nobel Prize-winner John Steinbeck's gritty and gut-wrenching drama of the desperate lives of tough-guy George and his simple-minded friend Lennie begins at 2 p.m.
Because of strong subject matter, parent discretion is advised. Admission is $20-$25 per person.
4. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m. at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. Today's feature: Barbie in “A Mermaid Tale 2."
For more information, click here.
5. Sunday brings the weekly Murrieta Certified Farmer's Market. Join local vendors at Village Walk Plaza for a unique shopping experience. Find locally grown fruit and vegetables, jewelry and trinkets. The event begins at 9 a.m. and is open to all.