1. There is a High Wind Warning and advisory in effect until this evening, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 66. Tonight, there will be mostly clear skies and a low nearing 37. Winds could gust up to 25 mph; be careful if driving at high speeds or participating in any outdoor activities.
2. If you are trying to figure out something to occupy the kids or your spouse while you finish holiday shopping, distract them with a movie. Opening today at the is “We Bought A Zoo” (PG). Also playing is “The Muppets” (PG), “Happy Feet 2” (PG) and Arthur Christmas” (PG).
3. is hosting a Yu-Gi-Oh! Winter Classic Tournament on Dec. 31 and preregistration has started. The event is $12-per-person prior to the event and $15 at the door. Beginning at 10 a.m., there will be prizes for winners first through eighth place. For more information, click here.
4. If you are still looking for stocking stuffers or last minute gifts, pick up a few gift cards to Mulligan Family Fun Center. Mulligan Family Fun Center is now selling their $5 Holiday Pick 3 Passes and $10 Holiday All Day Passes until Dec. 24. You can purchase them at their Murrieta location or online by clicking here. www.mulliganfun.com
5. Today is your last chance to catch “The Nutcracker” at the Old Town Temecula Community Theater. “The Nutcracker” is the enchanting tale of a girls first love, a Magician, a Rat King, a Nutcracker and a Prince created to Tchaikovsky's classic score. "The Ballet Studio's critically acclaimed version will fill your heart with splendor and wonderment with the perfect holiday outing for the whole family. The show begins at 2 p.m. Admission is $22-$29.