1. The sun will shine, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 71. Tonight, there will be mostly clear skies and a low of 45.
2. Enjoy a day deeply rooted in Murrieta history with the 65th annual taking place from 11:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. It will be a fun-filled day with fire station tours, safety and equipment demonstrations, beer garden, games, vendor booths (look for the Murrieta Patch booth!) and live entertainment. Enjoy firefighter-cooked, deep-pit barbecue beef. Plates are $8 for adults and $5 for children younger than 12.
3. is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m. at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. Today's feature: “Peppa Pig Muddy Puddles and other Stories." For more information, click here.
4. Temecula Valley Master Chorale presents “Animalia” at , 24801 Monroe Ave. From cows to canaries, lobsters to kangaroos, this concert’s repertoire covers a broad range of the animal kingdom and aims to please both animal and music lovers. These songs from the 1500s to the 21st Century have all been inspired by the sounds of animals. Enjoy Ogden Nash”s humorous verses set to lively music in “Animal Crackers;” sway to the lively rhythms of Slovak folk tune about a cowherd and her numerous cows; race along with “Magnificent Horses,” a fantasy on a Mongolian folk tune, and listen to the soothing sounds of “Seal Lullaby,” Rudyard Kipling’s beautiful tale of a mother seal singing to her young pup. Admission is $10.
5. Although the IRS usually requires tax returns to be filed by April 15, the tax deadline is Tuesday, April 17 this year.