1. There is a hazardous weather outlook forewarning of dense fog in the morning and high winds throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be sunny with a high around 72. Tonight, there will be clear skies and a low around 43.
2. Head to Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks for their “Forty Foot Films” movie night. On the agenda tonight: “A Christmas Story" (1983). In this film, Ralphie has to convince his parents, teachers, and Santa that a Red Ryder B.B. gun really is the perfect gift for the 1940s. Programs include trivia and prizes. Tickets to each show are $7.50. Social hour begins at 6 p.m.; the films start at 6:30 p.m.
3. Hanukkah begins at sundown. The local Jewish community will mark the holiday by lighting a large menorah at 5:30 p.m. at the Temecula Duck Pond at 28250 Ynez Road. The holiday, also called the Festival of Lights, lasts eight days. Hanukkah commemorates the story of the Maccabean Revolt against Syrian rulers in present day Israel 2,300 years ago. The Maccabees wanted to rededicate Jerusalem's main temple but had only enought oil to kindle the Eternal Light for one day. Yet the oil lasted for eight, according to the story, and thus the holiday of Hanukkah was born.
4. Between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. every Sunday, kids can tour Maxx Pizza Co, 41539 Kalmia Street in Murrieta. Go behind the scenes and make your own pizza on this fun and unique adventure.
5. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. The feature for December: "Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar."