In the Southern States prior to the Civil War the political power was vested in the hands of the plantation owners. They were the rulers and the slaves were their subjects. The slaves were property and the fruits of their labors belonged to the masters.
Today the plantations no longer exist and the cruel slave masters of yesterday have been replaced by elected officials that dominate us in much the same way the plantation owners ruled over their subjects in days gone by.
Sovereignty in a society is defined by who is in charge. Before the Revolutionary War was fought, King George III was sovereign and we were his subjects. After winning the war for independence, "We the People" became the Sovereigns and our government became our servant.
For the last 200 years our servant government has been chipping away at our freedom and now our government has become the wolf that is supervising the sheep. Today were have become the servants and our government has become our master. We have become the peasants and our elected officials have become the aristocracy of the courts of the King.
Our Republic that was established upon the rock of equal justice has become a democracy where 51 percent of the slaves can legally plunder the wealth of the remaining 49 percent. This is not what our founders had in mind. They wanted decision in government made based upon law not the whims of men that were being compensated for the granting of political favors.
Our system of government is broken and our Constitution has become a hood ornament. It is only obeyed when it can be used by politicians to pursue their agenda while stealing the rights granted to us by our Creator. The Constitution is ignored when it limits Congress and the President stealing our rights and our money.
In my next blog I will explain how "We the People" can restore our sovereignty and our servant government can be properly restrained. Remember that, "No man is more hopelessly enslaved than the man who thinks he is free," as Johann Wolfgang Goethe once said.
For those interested in learning more, I will be teaching a nonpartisan class beginning July 5 in Murrieta based on the book "The 5,000 Year Leap," by W. Cleon Skousen. The class will run each Tuesday night at Richie's Diner in Murrieta, for eight to 10 weeks. Space is limited. For more information or to RSVP, call Keith Broaders at 951-249-9089.