Roses are red, and violets are blue, but your Valentine's Day can be green with a little bit of effort and resourcefulness.
Here are some tips, based on suggestions from Waste Management:
- Cards: Save paper by sending an e-card or making a paper card with recycled materials.
- Flowers: Consider buying your Valentine a tree or small plant that can be added to the garden.
- Jewelry: Instead of shelling out tons of cash for a new necklace or earrings, why not pick out an heirloom piece from a second-hand boutique in Historic Downtown Murrieta or Old Town Temecula.
- Food: Forego the expensive dinner out, and instead opt to cook a romantic feast at home with your Valentine.
- Other homemade gifts: Celebrate special memories with your loved one by creating an electronic photo album or playlist of your favorite songs. You could also use recycled materials to make a scrapbook or homemade picture frame.