1. More rain is in the forecast for Murrieta today, according to the National Weather Service. An 80 percent of rain was forecast to arrive after 10 a.m., calling for a high temperature of 56. Tonight, expect a 60 percent chance of rain and a low near 41.
2. Murrieta City Hall and Community Services Department reopen today following the holiday; the Murrieta Public Library remains closed as part of its holiday hours. The Library reopens at 10 a.m. Thursday.
3. Tonight's regularly scheduled meeting of the Murrieta Planning Commission has been canceled, according to a public notice dated Dec. 5. The next regular meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013 at City Hall, One Town Square.
4. Space is still available to sign up for the Community Flea Market on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013. Booth Spaces are $15 for one spot (10x10) or $25 for two spots. You must provide your own tables, chairs and canopies. So clean out the house, garage and closets and come sell your items. Businesses are welcome; however, no vendors are allowed. Application and payment must be made in person at the Murrieta Senior Center, 5 Town Square.
5. Teens between 11 and 17 years old can take part in a two-day Winter Break Teen Art Camp to be held Thursday, Dec. 27 and Friday, Dec. 28 at the Harveston Center, 41035 Village Road in Temecula. Local Artist Katinka Clementsmith will walk teen artists through the mixed media workshop, focusing on portraits, caricatures, with an emphasis on color. Teens will draw, paint, collage and more. The cost is $85. For more information, click here.