1. Tank top weather is not over yet. Tuesday’s forecast calls for mostly sunny skies and a high temperature around 95 degrees in Murrieta, according to the National Weather Service. The overnight low should be about 64 degrees, with mostly clear skies in the forecast.
2. The Murrieta City Council meeting, during which a public hearing will be held regarding amendments to The Triangle development plan and the city’s general plan for the project, begins at 6 p.m. Other agenda items include a contract for environmental mitigations for the Jackson Avenue-Warm Springs bridge, increasing the contract cost for final improvements of the I-215/Clinton Keith Road interchange, and a final change order of $1.38 million for improvements of the I-15/California Oaks Road interchange. The Murrieta Rod Run, a two-day event in November, will also be discussed as a new signature event for the city. Meetings are held at City Hall, One Town Square. Public comments are limited to three minutes per person, and a request to speak must be submitted to the City Clerk before or during the meeting. The agenda can be accessed online by clicking here.
3. Here’s what’s for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: grilled drumstick and a wheat roll. Lunches average 639 calories and 28.64 percent fat, and are served with a fruit and salad bar, juice or milk. To view middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Beginning Aug. 19, all traffic, small claims and limited civil matters are being heard at the Southwest Justice Center, 30755-D Auld Road in Murrieta instead of the Temecula Courthouse.
5. The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in the Inland Empire dropped Monday to its lowest amount since Feb. 1, decreasing three-tenths of a cent to $3.867. The average price in Riverside and San Bernardino counties has fallen for 20 consecutive days and 26 of the past 27, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service. It is 6 cents less than one week ago, 20.2 cents lower than one month ago and 23.2 cents below what it was one year ago. The average price has fallen 20.2 cents over the past 27 days, including six-tenths of a cent on both Saturday and Sunday.
—City News Service contributed to this article